Friday, August 2, 2013

The Pefect Curls


So I went back to the basics this past week. I went to read back on the Curly Girl Method and watch videos on how the styling product should be applied for best results. Somehow this information got lost along the way. Then after a while my curls just looked dead to me. Even though I do not follow word for word with this method, meaning I still use products with silicones in it. Like my Mixed Chicks products and really that is mostly it. But I still apply and clean with the products I have as the Curly Girl Method in tales.
My curls really were lost and for a while I thought they would never come back. Before I started researching I was trying everything I could think of. Really I don’t know why my hair was treating me like that. I love it all the time, I care for it and everything. Still nothing was bringing those sweet curls the way I knew them, back to life.
So moving on, the one thing I had stop doing was:
1. I stopped leaving in the conditioner I co-washed with.
2. I stopped putting the product in my hair while it was soaking wet and then squeezing all the excess out. 
When I say that my curls popped back to life, I mean they were at attention. My eyes were wide as can be in disbelief. You mean to tell me that is all I had to do to get my perfect curls back? WOW!!
Even though the combination of conditioner and styling product is not specific, the technique is. I have never been a gel head and I was sceptic about the Mixed Chicks still working with the Curly Girl Method, but I was willing to give it a try.
Now on to what I did. First I co-washed as I normally do. Without drying my hair at all, meaning leave it dripping wet apply a little of the conditioner to your hair if you didn’t leave it in from co-washing. Oh, with your hair in a downward position. Start to squeeze your hair in a upward motion towards the scalp. You can use a tee shirt or microfiber towel for this as well. Then take your styling product which can be gel of your choice as long as it does not have alcohol in it, and rake that through your hair with your head still in the downward position. Squeeze towards the scalp with the shirt or towel. Now you would think that you wouldn’t want your curls all clump together, right? wrong. That is exactly what you want to happen. Now swing your head upright and put in those clips if need be and let your hair air dry or defuse it. Now one very important thing I must mention because I know some of you still do not know that when you use gel or a styling product that has hold it will leave a case over your head and as MS. Massey says, the case is to protect the hair from the elements in the air as it is drying. Once the hair is fully dry it will fill a little hard which is the casing. Turn your head downward again and grab your curls in your hands and push up towards your scalp to release the case.
What did that leave me with you say? THE PERFECT CURLS!!!!!
Ladies as always, love your hair and it will love you back.
As always, thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment