Friday, August 2, 2013

Hair Growth

Q: Your question: How fast does hair grow?A: The speed of hair growth is roughly 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per month, being about 15 centimeters or 6 inches per year. With age the speed of hair growth might slow down to as little as 0.25 cm or 0.1 inch a month.   Hair goes through growth cycles. There is no proof of hair ‘spurts’ where the hair grows quicker than at other times. Usually hair will grow for about 12-15 months and then have a 3 month still period where there is no growth. Usually in this time there can be hair loss that is mistaken for other causes. When hair begins to grow again this is probably when you believe you are going through a hair “growth spurt”.

OK, with all that said. Let me tell you about what I have been doing over the last couple of months. So first it was the oil challenges, which one was made of sulfur. If any of you have been following me you know that my hair does not take kindly to sulfur, but because she was using a recipe that gave your hair more moisture I decided to try it out. That lasted about almost a month before I started to see some changes in my hair and it wasn’t for the good. I didn’t want to take the chance so I stop using the oil.
So there was another recipe that I came across that stated it was a vigorous growth oil. I will post the recipe below.
Growth Oil Recipe:
2 oz Jojoba oil
2 oz Coconut oil
64 drops Lavender oil
64 drops Rosemary oil
16 drops Sage oil
Now you will take this oil shake it and apply it to your scalp and massage it in. Leave it on your scalp for 2 hrs and wash as usual or you can leave it on overnight.
OK, now you have the famous recipe to try out for yourself. Most of you all already know what each of these oils do so I will not get into that right now, maybe do another article later about different oils and what they do. This is mainly for you to catch up on what I have been doing for the last 2 months while I have been MIA…
The other thing I added to my regimen is a DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) blocker. For those of you that don’t know what 016DHT is I will only give you the short version. It is a natural but powerful metabolite of the human body and the main cause of hair loss in both men and women. It’s a chemical derivative of testosterone, created when the metabolism of androgen gets involved with an enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase. It’s formed primarily in the prostate gland, testes, adrenal glands and hair follicles and interestingly, though it is important in early stages of development, DHT can have serious negative effects in adult life. However, there are clinically proven medications that work to address the effects of DHT, like hair loss.
Now if you understand all that then let’s move on. Not that I am losing hair but thin hair runs on my mother side of the family. I am also in surgical menopause and I didn’t want to wait until I have a big problem to solve it. My growth has slowed down over the years and that was sign enough for me.
So I have been on them for 2 months now and I have to say I am pleased so far. I see a lot of new hairs and I mean a lot. I have held off on using henna just so I can see the hair that grows in because my hair is a lot grey nowadays lol I want to be able to count the hair that comes out of my head. What I found is that I got 1 whole inch, now you may say, “that’s all!” but for me it is a big deal because my slow growing hair is only growing 1/4″ per month so I am very much looking forward to next month.
I am afraid this has gotten a tad too long but I will keep you all posted on the growth I get from my new methods. Oh one more thing, the reason why I chose NuHair is because it is a natural supplement.
Ladies as I always say, love your hair and it will love you back.
As always, thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment