Sunday, August 4, 2013

What's New Now In Atlanta


OK, since the big move there are some things that have changed in my regimen but not much. I know I told you that I was waiting on my shipment from the Aubrey line, it came and I have been using it in my regimen and I will tell you all about that. As far as the henna process, it stays the same. What changes is what comes after that.
1. Wash days is Sunday, I wash my hair with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle shampoo and then I use Moroccan Oil Intense Hydration Mask and I try to leave it on for 2 hrs and sometimes that don’t work unless I am doing my hair late at night. I rinse it out with cool water and on to the next step.
2. I have grown fond of Shea Moisture Thickening Growth Milk. I don’t like these products on their own for my hair because they left my hair so dry but I have found a use for them. The growth milk is applied to my hair and finger combed in to make sure it gets distributed through out my ends, I like to do the rake and smooth method.
3. Sealing is next, I use olive oil most of the time to seal in the moisture.
4. To proceed, Mixed Chicks leave in is added to my hair for definition. I rake through my hair down to the ends to make sure that I get every bit of my hair.
5. Last step, Alterna Smoothing Lotion is put on top of the Mixed Chicks Leave in just to tame the frizz a little more. I don’t like big hair, I like big curls, which is why I use the Alterna. Once it is through my strands and to my ends I begin my smoothing method. I take most of the stands one by one and smooth and spring is the best that I can describe it. When I do this method my curls look more like Shirley Temple curls. I have fuller hair but not big hair. In the nape area this method is very important because it cuts down on knots.

This is the best regimen I have had so far. I get to have smooth silky curls that bounce all over the place. My hair is left to air dry and it may take up to 2hrs for that to happen. Once it is completely dry I take my hands and smooth out the crunch which I don’t mind at all. I take my hands and massage my scalp to make sure that I get the fullness that I want in my curls sometimes I even shake my head to get the style I want. So I will get 2nd day hair out of this and it is great for me because I never like 2nd day hair until now. I just take a spray bottle and spritz my hair and smooth my hands down on my hair all the way to the ends to make sure I will not have any frizz as well as making sure my curls spring.
This is what works for me and yes I will keep coming to tell you about my regimen as it changes. I have been able to save my ends with this method which was a really hard thing for me to do before. I can not wait to see how much length I gain from this new regimen.
Ladies as I always say, love your hair and it will love you back.
As always, thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment