Sunday, August 4, 2013

Henna For My Hair

Everyone knows that I do henna treatments on the hair of others and what my method is. But what everyone does not know is that when it comes time to henna my own hair I have time to sit with oils after the treatment. I apply oils to my clients hair before treatment and give them all a massage and make sure I clarify their hair before the henna is applied but afterwards it is just deep conditioner and they are styled and out. For me I have time since I am not leaving my house, lol to go a bit further. So after I condition wash my henna out really, really good I will take either olive oil or grapeseed oil and apply it to the whole hair concentrating on the ends as always. This great oil will help seal in the moisture as well as bringing out the color I am looking for in the next few days. Yes henna gets darker as the days go on, you will not see the final color when it is rinsed out.   
My mother never believes me when I tell her just give it a few days it will darken up.  This is what I wait for after every application. So the oil will allow me to keep my hair moisturized as well as in a restful state until my color kicks in. I know I was not trying to henna my hair until the move was final but I decided at the last min to not show up to Atlanta seeing all my old friends with grey hair lol.

Now I just wanted to show you the seeds that are used to make the grapeseed oil. Yes it is the real seeds from the Grapes that we eat. I mean this fruit serves many purposes, we eat the fruit itself and we make wine from it and now we have a cooking oil or hair oil from that same fruit. I am more and more amazed everyday of the things I am learning about everyday food. AMAZING!!
Ladies please love your hair and it will love you back.
As Always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment