Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Castor Oil

There has been talk about Castor oil not being good for Curly Heads I would really have to say no on that one. Since castor oil is great for use as a sealant on curly girls if you want to lock in that moisture on the ends of your hair. Another big thing is castor oil is good for promoting growth. A lot of women are really happy about that one. 




I guess what they don't realize if you want to use castor oil for that reason you would not use it on your hair from the root down. You would have to use it to massage into your scalp.  As I have been reading, a lot of curly heads have been making the mistake of using the oil from root to ends. To get the benefit of the oil and not lock out the moisture from your hair, you must apply the castor oil to the scalp and massage it in.
What I do is apply my Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my scalp at night and massage it in real good and this will promote the growth. Your hair is growing from inside your scalp so you want the oil to stimulate the blood flow. 

As far as sealing the moisture in your hair, I would take a little of the castor oil on my fingers and rub the very ends of my hair to seal in the moisture from freshly washed hair. And this is after you have styled your hair, so that means after you have applied all your styling products or if you are just a conditioner curly girl you would apply after you have styled with the conditioner. This is done so you will not lose the moisture you just applied to your hair. You can use olive oil for this reason  also. 

I hope all this makes since to you. 
Ladies love your hair and it will love you back. 
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with this post, I love Castor Oil :)

    http://www.bootyfurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post and thank you for sharing with us. keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love Jamaican Black Castor oil my skin loves it my HAIR loves it....I mix it with water in a spray bottle and i mix it with my conditioner....and my hair it's hard to explain...my hair hangs n holds moisture when i DC... I was so discouraged cuz everyone raved about coconut oil and my hair turned to hay when ever it touched my head...

    ReplyDelete