Sunday, August 4, 2013

Life Changes

Hey all, I was feeling little down today because I was thinking back when my children were younger and what I thought I had to offerthem. And this is really what I thought my life was going to have in store for me….. ok dream is over!!!  But you know what happens? They start growing and branching out to other people who teach them things outside your household rules. Ding, then you end up with a teenager, yes a teenager the very thing we try our best to stay away from but when they are yours what can you do. Out of the five that I had I ended up in the end of it all having 2 very beautiful girls. Yeah!! hair to do.
OMG!!! do you know how excited I was about having some hair to do and clothes to play with, someone to go shopping with, all that girly stuff. It was getting bad in here, little ole me with all these boys, I even had a high pony tail in my second son’s hair until he was 2 yrs old. LOL. I knew just what to do with my girls hair because my momma taught me well, right? I only had to put grease and water and put those very nice pony tails in their hair. As they got older I was already into the Jherri Curl but they had this new formula out which was called a Dry Curl which was not as wet as the old jheri curl and since my step mother and uncle were stylist and I had gone to school no one was touching my girl’s hair.
When they turned 11 each of them got a dry curl applied to their hair and I would keep it up and make sure that it was not over processed and their hair was growing. Then the time came for them to take care of their own hair, yeah that was a big mistake. Just as they no longer liked my rules in my house they longer wanted curls either.
They wanted to go straight, yes can you believe it??? I told them “you will mess up your hair. I have given you the structure you need to have all the hair you want”, but they didn’t care and didn’t want that. As humans we always want other than what we have. So I got to say good-bye to the hair I once knew for the time that I took care of my girls.
You know what is so very hard some times?? Listening, just listening.
Ladies I always say love your hair and it will love you back.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment