Sunday, September 11, 2011

Curly Girl


Since 2002 I have been natural and completely understood that my hair type was not like others that could consume any type of chemicals. I had decided to go cold turkey on the chemicals and dye. I cut off all the chemical part and started applying henna to my hair and tried to do everything to work with my own hair. My one mistake was not reading up on henna and about the metal and other harmful things they added to the crop that was really bad for our hair. On top of that since I could not figure out why my hair was not growing back as fast as it did when I had the jeri curl in my hair I made the bad mistake of applying it to my hair to see if I could gain the growth back.  That was in 2008 and that is when I had a big set back and just like in 2002 when I went natural I had to cut all my hair off. Too much protein and the chemical process I started brushing my hair away. 12/2008 my hair had to be shaved. So I did what they call a big cut and started my journey to healthy hair.



I started reading hair forums about curly hair and what products to use to promote growth. There I learned about condition washing and curly puddings. I co wash my hair just about everyday because I love fresh curly hair. I take my moisturizing conditioners and wash my hair everyday. Once my hair is washed I apply Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner to my hair and let it air dry. I just love how light and bouncy my hair turns out.
To give you an idea of what the length points are this chart is what we go by.
My current length right now is Arm Pit Length and my goal is Hip Length. I will keep you posted on my progress as time goes on.

As always thanks for reading, peace and love....

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is terrible. Your hair is so beautiful now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was terrible and I think I have learned a lot since then. Thanks

      Delete