Friday, August 2, 2013

My Texture Love

You know how sometimes you have a love for your texture and sometimes you fall out of love with it? Well I find myself in this mold quite often. As soon I see someone with those nice chunky twist here comes, “aw man I wish my hair would look like that when I do twist.” I see someone with nice healthy thick hair. “man I wish my hair was that thick.” We never seem to be satisfied with what we have, which is why most times you see sisters in weave or wigs or the like. We always seem to be hating on our hair.
I really do love my texture and love the fact that when wash day comes it is  a breeze. So I really would take my hair any day. Drying time is a snap without the cap. Just right and not too tight. Now I remember when I would put that Jerri Curl in my hair to loosen up the curls just to have it fall out in about 4 years. I would do it over and over again and just could not win. It took me 23 years and me basically going bald to say I think I am doing this all wrong.
I really hope I got it together by now, since my BC in 2008 I have not had to cut my hair again. So I think I maybe on to something. I have also learned to admire someone else’s tresses without putting mines down. Hip hip heray for me.
My beautiful Sisters, love your hair and it will love you back, you’ll see.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment