Sunday, August 4, 2013

Porosity! How Important?

I know I talked about doing the strand test some months ago and the importants of keeping the balance between protein and moisture on the hair strands. Now lets talk a little about porosity, what is it? and why do we care?
As you can see from the picture which is suppose to be your hair. The cuticles are either raised or closed and in the middle is suppose to be normal, neither closed nor wide open. Now it took me some time to rap my mind around this.
Low porosity, the moisture goes in and comes right back out so your hair is dry by the end of the day. High porosity, your hair will not except moisture, you know everything just sits right on top of the hair like a big mess. Normal porosity, has a correct balance of moisture and keeps it inside where it belongs.
The big mess lol I have a head that I am working with right now. I have been weeks trying to get her hair to except the moisture. It would help if the client was doing her homework lol. Out of all of the porosity situations I think HIGH is the worst.
So I am still working on her hair and trying it with baking soda rinses to see if I can get her porosity under control. This is a challenge but a welcoming one. I look forward to helping her on her healthy hair journey way.
I try to get all examples as possible to work on so that I can give you the information as I find it out.
Ladies please please love your hair and it will love you back.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment