Friday, August 2, 2013

Lazy Hair With 3 Grandsons

Well no one is going to believe this one. I asked for my grands this summer because I could not stand being away from them. I never thought that it would be hard on me because I did this all the time, keep them all at once. The other big thing that didn’t dawn on me is, the one month of this summer is Ramadan where Muslims all over the world fast for 30 days. Meaning no food or drink from sunup to sundown. We also pray most of the night, so our days are very long with things to do. The only real good thing for me is I don’t have to cook much because they feed us at the masjid at night. My grandsons had to get use to a schedule of studying and praying for hrs at a time. They thought this was summer vacation, where they could play all day long lol. So 5,6 and 7 are learning another language and how to pray all this summer something they never had to do before but because of their age it is time to learn. They are really starting to love it. They ask many questions and without TV they have so much to talk about now. I teach them how to talk out what they are feeling instead of just getting angry and hitting and pushing the other one because they did something to them. Oh and they have reading time, so they have so much to tell their teacher and parents of what their summer was like.
Now on to my hair lol. With all the schedules of play dates and studying and praying and meals and reading and arabic and Quran… did I miss anything lol. I don’t have time to do my hair. Who would have thought. I always have time to do my hair. My hair is in 3 plaits pinned up in the back and stay that way everyday. No co wash and wash n gos. None of this. Can you believe this? I just touched my hair tonight and it was all over the place. I took it out and just re-plaited it because I was planning on co washing it tomorrow because on Saturdays and Sundays my oldest grandson’s father come and get them. He was suppose to be with his father for the summer and just visiting me lol well with the others here and the class I wanted him to attend I ended up keeping him too. When I do co wash I just put my hair back in the 3 plaits and the funny thing is, I don’t really think about it at all.
I have 5 more months for this waist length challenge and I never really thought I would make it but I at least thought I would be very close. I farted around for the last 2 yrs playing in my hair and wait until the last few months to get into protecting styles. I think the good thing out of all this is I don’t concentrate on my length anymore. I am not saying I don’t still pull it down but I am not wondering where is the length and how come it is not as long as so and so.
Ladies I am telling you love your hair and it will love you back.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment