Friday, August 2, 2013

Hair And Sewing With MS

Most know that I am battling MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and it is battling me. In the beginning it put me in the bed for a while until I could learn my body all over again. As a matter of fact, blogging became my hobby because of my new illness. Days and days would go by of being able to do nothing but lay in the bed and not being able to sew I was like, what will I do now? Sewing was the only hobby that I still had and I was just about to tackle the whole quilt idea. My fingers were cramping and my feet were hurting. What was a girl to do with me never being the type that could just lay around the house doing nothing. Even though my fingers were cramping it still was much easier to type than to sew. My biggest topic at the time was my hair. I had learned so much about natural hair and hair products and what this all meant for my hair and growing it long, as long as I could get it.
One good thing for certain was when it comes to my hair and there is a MS flare up it is so much easier to hide those ends in a protective style which normally I hate to do. Protect, protect all the way to the bottom of my back. With wash n go’s this year is just not like last year with the perfect hair. It seemed like I had the perfect hair and there was nothing to complain about last summer. For some reason this summer, it is more a miss than a hit. Thinking maybe it might do to me adding NuHair (I talk about it in this post) to my regimen along with a multi vitamin. This has been such a real help. My hair looks like it is getting much thicker but only time will tell so I am happy with that and if it means giving up the wash n go’s for a little bit while my hair grows in I can live with that.
There will be some slow days ahead but good ones as well. This is my life for the rest of my life and all I can say is me and my hair is taking it one MS day at a time.
Ladies love your hair and it will love you back as well as your body.
As always, thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment