Sunday, August 4, 2013

Knotting My Way WL

I am trying to knot my way to waist length. Since the beginning of my healthy hair journey I have been fighting against protective styling for 4 yrs. I could not bare the thought of not seeing my curls for one day. No way was I going to be able to keep my hands out of my hair. Who knew that fatigue would be my hair’s friend. But also you can see why I have been away so long.
So I have been in this challenge for over 2 yrs now trying to grow out to waist length. Everyone has been keeping their hair in braids or twist none of which my hair will stay in. They all have been staying away from anything that will damage their ends and keep them from retaining the length the need. There have been so many who have achieved this goal and on their way to the next one. You see this is the last year of the this challenge and I am trying to make up for time that I have been playing around with my curls.
So the fatigue has allowed me to put my hair away and not bother it therefore protecting my ends. I chose to do that by using bantu knots and oil massages. Of course I am not putting this many in my hair as you see in the photo because it would be a waste of my time. My hair doesn’t stay into anything, another thing is I am back to cowashing everyday. Once I am done a leave in is applied plus sealing my ends with whatever oil I feel like using from my stash and these days it is Argan oil, I put my wet hair into 4 bantu knots.
bantu knotsSo I will be doing a follow up to let you know how this ended up working for me.
Ladies as always love your hair and it will love you back.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment