Sunday, January 1, 2012

What Now???

I had planned to have this published before the turn of the new year but my grandsons had other plans. So now this is my kick off for the first of the year. Pretty much everything is the same with co washing everyday and using mixed chicks for my curls and by doing this on a regular basis my curls have been tamed every well. They have more bounce with that Shirley Temple looking curl that I am just loving.

 Yes smaller than what Shirley Temple herself use to wear, look LOL. You got to love it, you know it looks great. 


Inspired by one of my youtubers that I follow Elleraquel, who's hair I love so much so that she has me looking for a great hair stylist that can cut her butt off so that I can get those killer layers Elleraquel has. That is so next on my list. Well anyway, inspired by her video entitled Hair Styling Product Application, this video help me to seal the deal on my application of my styling products. I was lacking something but didn't know what and since taking on her application rules my hair is a #10 everyday.

I have to give it an all  to that show and tell. She is also a sweet young lady. And even though we use different products it works just the same for me. So yeah for this new year coming I see no reason for changing my products nor change wearing a wash n go every single day!!!. That goes back to what MaghonyCurls said "do what works for you". 

So I never get tired of saying this and I will keep on saying it until it is no longer working for me. All of you that have not tried it yet please give it a try before you put it down and yes I am talking about Mixed Chicks system. 

 I don't shampoo as much so this size bottle last me a long time but the deep conditioner and leave in I purchase the larger sizes because it is money smart for me. Because my hair is thin it last me for some months. I do have a couple other products that I through in the mix. Like for co washing I use 
Tresemme Flawless Curls to kick off the start of my co washing routine and end it with the mixed chicks deep conditioner. Then 
John Freda Frizz Ease Dream Curls I spray in my hands and apply to my dripping wet hair and brush it in sometimes with my deman brush. Ending that step with Mixed Chicks Leave In smoothing it out to my ends and making sure that evenly applied. I then scrunch my hair in a upward motion to lock in the curls. 

I will then leave to air-dry, once air-dried I squirt in my hands
        
Kendra Silkening Gloss or 

Mix Chicks Hair Silk, which ever one I have on hand. This is applied to my very dry hair to smooth over the curls to loosen up the crunch feeling that the leave in can give your hair. Once you smooth over your curls they bounce back with shine, soft, full curls. Over time your curls become so tamed that you will fall in love with them as I have and never ever want to let them go. I don't like day old curls so I repeat this process every day unless I have to go out the house and therefore I will be in a ponytail under my head covering. 

I really am a witness to loving your hair and it will love you back. 
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!






2 comments:

  1. AsSalaam Alaykum Wa'Rahmatullahi!!
    Maashaa ALLAH, Ukhtii, if that's a picture of your hair it is looking GOOD!! Maashaa ALLAH!! I was putting together the list of products I need to start treating my hair RIGHT so it can love me back!! I've got the henna and where to go online to order. What else do I need and how to use the stuff right!!? I also want to get my hair layered. I think it would make it look fuller and get rid of any dead and splitends. What do you think?? Shukron, for all the information and updates it helps out a lot.

    AsSalaam Alaykum!!
    Your Sis Aqueelah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

    Now sister you know good and well I am not showing my hair. LOL It is nice masha Allah but not mines. So you are saying that you already have the henna? or you already know where to get it from? what you will need after that is lots of conditioner lol moisturizing conditioners. I like Tresemme naturals or flawless curls. use that to wash the henna out along with water. and you know you do this after sitting around with it on for about 4 hrs.

    I think the layers would add fullness also that is what I was thinking about doing with mines as well.
    Afwan
    Curly Ummi aka Umm Khaliyl

    ReplyDelete