Thursday, October 20, 2011

Water Meets Oil

To come up with a way in which I could still wear my curls and not damage my ends the oil had to be brought out again. Everyone knows that I have no problem co washing my hair every single day but I don't want to damage my ends at the same time because I am trying to retain as much length as possible. How else would one get to hip length in just 5 yrs. I am coming up on my 3rd yr of growth from just 1/4" of hair on my head I am now just past arm pit length (APL). In order to meet my goals I will have to pamper my hair as much as possible. So on to this weeks regiment it meant doing something that I really dislike and that means having greasy hair but it is one or the other. Ponytails and buns or curls and if I want to wear the curls out I will have to coat my hair with oil to seal in the moisture. So these are the products I have been using this week. Water and apple cider vinegar mixture



+ 

as a spritz just in a spray bottle from the local dollar store. Then I apply to my hair to get it damp before applying the Jamaican Black Castor Oil to my scalp and massage it in.  On my hair I place the coconut oil and finger it in real good and add the


Shea butter to seal in all that moisture.  Once my hair is really moist I hold my hair upside down to scrunch the curls back in. Since I am doing the oil treatment I no longer plait my hair up at night because my hair would be so straight from all the oil in it but instead I pull it up on the top of my head and put a ponytail holder in and tie it up with my silk scarf. In the morning if I am not co washing I will take the spray bottle with the water and vinegar mixture and spritz my hair. 

Awaiting to be added to the routine is the Dabur Vatika Coconut oil. When it arrives I will see if I want to replace what I am doing now, meaning the regular coconut oil for it. Or maybe I will just alternate. 

So far my ends have been nice and soft and my hair is very shiny. It is all that I have been looking for in my curls. Even though on wash days I still use a curl definer it is no longer needed during the course of the week. Co washing does not wash all of the oil out of my hair which is a good thing because when using the curl definer I don't have to worry about not having enough moisture under it as to not dry out my hair. 

I tell you, loving your hair is the only way to go and it will definitely love you back. 
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you do protective styles for your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to but I get so bored with a bun or ponytail because that is all I wore all my life. Like I put it in a ponytail the beginning of this week but then I missed my curls so I wet it and made sure I sealed in the moisture. I try not to let my hair touch my clothing.

    ReplyDelete