Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hair Growth My Way

Everyone wants to talk about growth and how to grow their hair long. We all want this, right? So let's talk a little about growing our hair and when I talk about our hair I am talking about curly hair which seems to some times be the hardest to grow. So they say, right?

  My love for sharing with my sisters led me to helping those who truly wanted healthier hair and also wanted it to grow. This head of hair is very tightly curled and I have seen it thrive from the unhealthy state it was in down to the scalp irritations. 

So this article will not be so long I will get right down to what I do to help my family and friends turned clients turn their unhealthy hair into healthy hair that is growing. 

1. After we talk about what their goals are for their hair and go through the treatments I offer I go through their hair looking for breakage and  if we are dealing with a unhealthy scalp. 

2. Castor oil mixture is added to the scalp and massaged in, oh how they loved those then more oil like a olive oil or canola oil is added to the rest of the hair with some aloe vera juice for their pre poo, then covered with a plastic cap for about 15 mins. Their hair is then clarified and ready for the next step.  

3. The next thing for each and everyone is the henna treatment. If they have grey hair and don't want to change the color I will go on to use a Cassia treatment that has Amla powder and other herbs. I am telling you and they will too if you had dandruff or those bumps that turn into a rash and even if you had them all your life the very first visit they are gone from that one treatment.

4. Everyone is told that their first visit is going to be a very long visit because the henna has to sit for at least 4 hrs. Henna is co washed out no matter what no shampoo ever just conditioner and that conditioner is?? Yes Tresemme Naturals. lol Then it is a deep condition covered with a plastic cap and they have their choice of heat or no heat but I use the heating cap not the dryer.

5. We then talk about what is needed to keep their hair moisturized and I start training their hair to except condition only washing. They go home with a application bottle of the castor oil mixture and a bottle of tresemme naturals. They are  told to get a spray bottle to put their aloe vera juice with olive oil. They have their homework to do and when they return I want to see some progress and make sure that they are serious about growing their hair. I will not stick with anyone that is not serious because I like to work with someone that is going to be excited when they see the difference in their hair.

6. I teach them how to listen to their hair and to love their hair and the most important thing about our hair besides moisture is babying your ends that is why we do not use combs not brushes and we finger detangle. This will help to retain length for the next visit because we use a ruler to measure and we keep a journal.

So this is my way and there is progress and their hair is growing. Since I started off with this picture I will continue to show you her's so you can see her grow too. She has around 3 1/2 inches right now and I will keep you posted. She loves the wash n go so that is what you will see from her unless she change up lol.

Ladies love your hair and it will love you back.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment