Thursday, May 24, 2012

Keeping Track


The one thing that is a very important step in your regiment is to keep track or a log of what you are doing to your hair. You don't want to become lazy and forget to feed your hair. I know sometimes I go without feeding my body, I know, don't know how I do it but I do. Just think if this was to happen all the time, what would happen to me?

I try to write things down on my calendar to remind me to deep condition or to henna. Especially henna because it is only done once a month.


The other tool that will help you with your journey is a Hair Journal on paper or visual. For me I find that a visual journal is better for me. I do write things down but mostly keep them on the calendar but on my computer I keep a folder of my hair growth pictures.

As well as being able to see the difference it will also make you feel better about yourself on those days when it seem like nothing is going right. Some times when you measure your hair the numbers do not add up to what you see your hair doing. That can become very frustrating, so say to yourself but I see it's growing and these numbers are still the same. That really eats me up.Once you take those pictures out and put them side by side you will start smiling because the proof is in the pudding.

Make sure that you have something to look back on in 6 months and even the next year. I could not believe the difference from last year to this year with my hair growth. I could not stop looking at the pictures... lol

So clarifying and henna treatments you want to keep a eye on those treatments because if you do them too much it can cause damage to your hair even though it is something that is good for your hair.

So ladies I hope this was a little pick me up lol and remember to love your hair and it will love you back.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is an excellent idea to track product usage.

    I've been reviewing a lot of new hair goodies lately but haven't been making note of how they affect my hair.

    I do have a YouTube channel, though, and that helps when I look back on my video reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. And this would be a good idea for you because as your videos grow it would take you a long time to go back over them to see what did what for your hair. Thank you NappyHeadedBlackGirl for stopping by.

      Delete