Friday, May 11, 2012

The Strand Test

For sometime now my hair has been doing all this shedding with lots of frizz going on. At first I couldn't figure it out. We all know by now the importance of moisture and protein balance? But since my hair is protein sensitive it is hard for me to know. So I'm on the computer all on You Tube looking at everybody videos trying to find the answer. One was like do the strand test, just take one of your hair's that fell out and put it in water and if it sank , Oh wait that was for porosity.
So let's start all over again and what did they say now? Oh yeah, take a strand and pull on each end and if it pop instead of stretching you need protein. Mines popped right away, man. So I ran in the kitchen and got the egg, mayo and yogurt with a dash of honey. Got that all on my head and put a cap on it and let it sit for a while. So I decided to do a double take on the videos and found out I had it all backwards lol. Braking means needing moisture and stretching too long means protein. So I washed the protein out and did me a deep conditioner for a very long time. LOL man that was a crazy night.








Come to find out that I just really needed my ends trimmed. I tell you there is nothing like some freshly cut ends, my curls were popping. and I was so in love all over again. Watch I forget again.....



Love your hair and it will love you back.
As always thank for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I have heard about trying this method, but never thought to do it with my own hair. I will try and dothis stand test thing every so often so I can keep track of what my hair needs. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for much Julessy I really hope it works out for you. I know I plan on keeping up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My strands stretch, they'd dont snap but when using protein my hair hates it, so God knows what it really needs! They should invent Youtube with texture so at least we can feel if the hair on the video is exactly like ours! hahaha!

    Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL maybe you only need your hair trimmed.

    ReplyDelete