Monday, November 21, 2011

Broke Down....Gave In...

This is the color I am waiting for!!

So I broke down and gave in, applied henna to my hair last night and washed it out about 4am since I stay up all night I have decided to do my hair at night so I don't have to sit and wait for my hair to dry and I can enjoy it more during the day light hours. You know how sometimes you say you are going to do something but it just don't work out that way? Well this is one of those times. Henna is just one of those things that keep calling your name. Once you get the real taste of it there is no going back. When I say the real taste of it I mean that there are still a lot of people that really don't know what henna is. So they go to the store and see a box on the shelf and it says henna so it must me be, right? There are so many things that one should learn about henna and where it comes from and what it is used for and how it only comes in one color before they attempt to use henna. I learned the hard way and lost my hair because of it. And what I mean by lost my hair I had to cut off so much length because I was just grabbing any old thing that said henna in the grocery store. Because it wasn't sifted and because there were metals in the ones I was using it damaged my hair instead of healing it as henna can do.  

 This is what henna should look like. No sticks and no gritty dirt feeling. Just nice smooth feeling to it when you touch it. 

 This is the henna that I use now. Learning about a product is your best lesson if you really want to do something new to your hair. Not just listening to what others say to you about this and that because everyone hair is different and everyone is going to have a different result. Where did they get their information from? That goes for anything, research it yourself. 

Henna For Hair is a great book to read if you would like to learn about henna and where it comes from. This book help me to be able to start all over again and this time do it right. Henna will also loosen the curl pattern in your hair and just because your hair is not grey you will still get the benefit of the gloss and shine that henna gives to the hair. 

The end result is that you have soft, glossy hair to the touch. I co-wash my hair to get the henna out and then I deep condition my hair once I am finish but I don't use shampoo at all. I may shampoo my hair before applying the henna but if I don't, I make sure that my hair is wet and it maybe just a apple cider vinegar rinse because it is much easier to apply the henna to wet hair. 

There are other things that you have to learn about henna as far as preparing it and leaving it over night before application and how long to leave it on the hair before washing it out. The link that I placed in this article will point you in the right direction to begin your henna journey. We will talk about henna again but I just wanted to update you on what I did through the wee hours of the night LOL. 

Love your hair and it will love you back. 
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Maashaa ALLAH, Did you get the color you are trying for?? It looks real pretty. I pray you loose no hair and your hair grows steadily past your waist. Ameen!!

    AsSalaam Alaykum!!
    Aqueelah

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sister I have not gotten the color I really want as of yet. I need some more grey lol. but I love my deep burgundy color that is on my hair right now and the streaks that I get masha Allah just looks lovely.
    Ameen waalhamdulilah for the duaa, I really want my hair to grow past my waist that is my goal insha Allah.
    You wrote down what I told you to use on your hair right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maashaa ALLAH, I just found this comment on my way to look at the rest. Inshaa ALLAH, I'll get there. Do you think this color would look good on my gray?? I have a wide streak on the right side going all the way down and a few smaller streak on the middle and left. Do you think it would add some to my skin tone??? I wouldn't be able to henna all this hair by myself. Shukron, for listening.
    AsSalaam Alaykum!!
    Aqueelah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ireally think you would love that color. Since your is lighter your hair insha Allah will come out closer to that color. Yes you would need to get one of the sistets to help you with your hair.

    ReplyDelete