Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What WORKS FOR YOU!!!

I love to think while I'm walking..... even if it is just pasting back and forth through out the house. Just the other day I took the grands out for our first fall walk this year, yeah those new meds are really working sometimes.. but that's another story.

 This is one of our fall pictures that was taken during our thinking walk. When we got home I downloaded our pictures to the computer. I gave the boys a look as I started looking through the post on the hair forum to see what I missed while we were out. I came across a thread asking about if you thought you could make it to HL by then end of 2012. Of course I knew there was no way I would make it but a feeling and urge came over me to flatiron. After the boys went home I gave in to my whimms and washed and flat ironed my hair just to take a good look at my length, and to my surprise the damage was reveled. I wanted to cry because you know that meant losing more length added to what broke off from the damage ends. The scissors came out and when I was done 1/2 to 1 inch was removed around my whole head.  


 My first thought was I was going back to what I know was working for me. Well at least I will get a healthy start and it was caught before too much damage was done. Water? look like you were my friend from the very beginning. I was co washing everyday and doing the curly girl method and never had any problems and my hair was growing. But I got greedy and started chasing the faster growth. I tell you what else was a wake-up call, hearing MahoganyCurls talk about keeping it simple and doing what works for you with out jumping on everyone else bang wagon. Which is something I got caught up into. Hear listen for yourself.    


Another thing I did was went chasing after this    

 argan oil. Everyone was talking so much about it I started looking into all the pricing for it. LOL I tell you like I said that dream. I remembered my ex-husband's wife was from Morocco and I knew she would have some so I gave her a call and I was right lol she had it. She was like sure you can have some. You don't think I went running. There was no way I was going to spend $20-$30 for an ounce on something that maybe cut. Well I have it and I do use it on my wet hair before I put the conditioner in for styling. 

Right now I am sticking to my hair not liking products without cones. I am trying to use up my stash and my hair is still feeling dry by the end of the day after using cone-free conditioners. So until my hair tells me something different I will stick with my Mixed Chicks and my creamy conditioners. I am trying Tresemme tight now and I will have to tell you later what my hair thinks about it. I got the flawless curls, I know I said I was done with the spending, well I didn't have to pay for it because it was on sale at KMart and I used my reward points... LOL Great, uh??? 

Well ladies as I say and it is no lie, love your hair and it will love you back. 
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!!! 



2 comments:

  1. HI there, I love your blog. I'm really amazed by use of henna, has made your mother's hair grow. do you have any other pics of your hair, besides the one at the top of your blog? Also how long have you been natural? Thanks, Shug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henna has been good to us all. It thickens the hair it colors the hair. Henna is great. Now that picture at the beginning of my blog is one of my daughters. My hair is just like my mother's and I have been natural all my life except for the times I did a jerri curl which they call dry curls now. Only because I didn't know what to use back then to get our curls to pop. But on Henna day I will have new pictures to post on my mother's hair.

    ReplyDelete