Monday, April 2, 2012

UPDATE REGIMEN




So I have been going over my new regimen on paper so that I can get this all down and correct. I have even set everyone up who hair I do to come this weekend so that I can get them all on the same schedule on the calendar. No one would want anyone of us to have our tresses miss out on a treatment and it is much easier on me.

It as been establish that with the amount of silicone that I use on my hair I can not get by with clarifying alone.

After reading further in the book The Science of Black Hair I found that I needed to add to my regimen a chelating shampoo. So now I am going to give a blow by blow of what these products are and what I use them for.

Roux Porosity Control for Cheating = EDTA, this is what I understood had to be in a chelating shampoo. I got tired of looking so when I found this ingredient I was happy. This will be done once a month or even once every 2 month.

Gentle Clarifying Tresemme Shampoo which does the job I need it to do. This will be done once a month before henna treatment.

New to my team is Organix Macadamia line as my regular washing treatment for weekly use. This line is very hydrating which my hair needs badly. Deep conditioning is also done once a week.

Nupur henna for once a month. Now on to styling products.

The first thing I do after I shampoo and condition or co wash my hair which ever it maybe that day is apply Hairveda Whipped Creme which is used for moisturizing my hair, it is fingered through to make sure the products is all through my hair. I next apply Mixed Chicks Leave in conditioner and I also finger that through my hair once that is added  Alterna Frizz Correcting Styling lotion is applied. Hair is left to air dry before the curls are fluffed up and Hairveda Whipped Gelly is used to lay down my baby hair and just a little put on my edges.

I am doing second and third day hair now only because I have been sick and just don't feel like doing the wet hair thing and to do that I spray my hair with a Aloe Vera mix.

Finally, trimming every 6 months when needed. I will check at the 3 month mark to make sure my ends are looking healthy.

I am trying to love my hair so it can love me back.
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment