Thursday, February 2, 2012

This Year Regimen

I think I told you this already and I am not sure if it will fit with new this year or not but here it goes.

 I am back to wash n go's because that is what works for me and my hair is still growing with this style. 

Still using Mixed Chicks line of products which works best for my hair and Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration.

The oils on my list, JBCO; Jojoba; Vatika; Argan which are used on my scalp and hair at night before I tie my hair up for the night because I co wash everyday. I pick and choose which one will be used that night. Picked and used for my massage on my scalp. 

So what is different you say? I am no longer plaiting my hair at night. What I found out about trying to plait my curls every night was it was too much manipulation on my ends because I had to pull my curls apart to plait the hair. Trying to hide my ends was killing my ends and that meant cutting the damage I had done. This is what I had to figure out on my own, split ends every single month that was crazy. 

Now I pull my hair up at night either in a pineapple or just take my sleeping cap and pull it over my head to my neck and pull it back up to bring my hair up on top of my head and tie the cap up. 

Next day co wash with Tresemme Curl Moisturizing conditioner and with the last wash, it is done with Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner and left in until my shower is finish. 

After all that is done some days I apply the Hairveda as my leave in under the Mixed Chicks leave in and then it is applied to my wet hair and fingered in very well to make sure every hair is touched. Once it is almost air-dried I apply Alterna Bamboo Smooth Frizz  Correcting Styling Lotion and kinda rake and shake it at that point, no more hands and let it dry. I get more volume by doing this and no frizz what so ever. 


Starting the New Year Hair Length

Beginning of the year is off to a great start with Bottom of Shoulder Blade length hair, YEPPIE!! But it will never be the fly in the wind hair. 
 Because I am so not going to straighten my hair. 

Besides my husband stating he can not stand my hair straight, I just do not want to take the chance of damaging my curls just to check my length. Using the conditioner and pulling on the length works just fine. 

I have seen a lot of the ladies at this point reach waist length within a year, I really hope that is me. 

Ladies I am telling you, love your hair and it will love you back. 
As always thanks for reading, peace and love!!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment